Lean Coffee meetings uses a lightweight framework where attendees create the agenda and focus is maintained with effective time keeping
Lean Coffee is based on an idea from Jim Benson, you can watch an intro video when you are new to Lean Coffee.
You participate in the Lean Coffee by following the Zoom invite link (when you are logged on, so see a video icon to click).
The Lean Coffee will be facilitated by Harry Nieboer.
You can choose how you want to participate.
You can participate as a viewer. In that case, just stay in the Zoom session and watch the Lean Coffee Table on the screen Harry is sharing.
You can also participate actively on the Table, that works best when you have a second screen.
After a short introduction, Harry will share a link to the Lean Coffee Table in the chat.
At the Lean Coffee Table you create a guest account (just enter a name, no need to enter more details now) and you'll be given the option to watch a short introduction.
You can add topics you would like to talk about by just entering a title. The topic will be added to the table with your name on it. When we're done entering topics, we give topic ‘owners' the opportunity to give a two sentence long pitch on the topic. After that we vote on the topics we prefer most and the facilitator starts the discussion.
We start with the topic that received most votes. Spend some minutes on the topic and then add some more minutes or proceed to the next topic.
The Lean Coffee Table is open early, so you can add your topics before the session.
(If you want to take a look already, you can follow this link).
The Agile Online Summit 2020 described Lean Coffee Table (the tool we use) as follows:
Lean Coffee Table is ideal for distributed meetings, as the lightweight format ensures that:
- The attendees talk about what they want to at that moment in time
- The agenda is built and prioritized at the beginning of the meeting
- Tap straight into their multiple perspectives and capture insights
- Maintain focus and avoid disappearing down rabbit holes
- Each topic discussion is tightly time-boxed. Attendees to determine which topics get more or less airtime
- Capture the actions and insights share them immediately afterwards
- Actions, comments and learnings are captured by anyone as the meeting progresses and can be circulated in a .pdf
- Join the meeting on any device.
- You can add topics, vote and record lessons through your phone, laptop or tablet
We use leancoffeetable.com to run the Lean Coffee.
The session will be recorded.